Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that some don't like the Chilton's 740 manual because it covers too many years (early 70's to early 90's) and it seems that the Haynes for the 740 only covers the 82-88. I need the best of the 2 for my 89 740 turbo wagon, so does anyone have some advise? Would the 82-88 Haynes be useful for my 89 740? Does anyone have an extra they would like to get rid of (maybe upgraded your brick but still had the manual)? I bought the car used, so why not the manual used
. I know this is a lot of questions but I really like this car and I am very excited. Thanks, L

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought both Chilton and haynes at a used book store for 8 dollars total. I find that the Haynes has more info for my 89 760 Turbo and it also has pretty good wiring diagrams. I have used these more that anything else. The chiltons covers too many cars and years and the 760 seems to be just footnotes. just one opinion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. I really am loving my brick more and more each day(my wife likes it than the 2001 Olds Allero she drives now), so I am trying to bulletproof as much as possible (...drifting from the subject). Its got a stall that has developed but from all the research I have done, it seems that the fuel pump relay goes like on almost all of the old Volvo's after a certain age/mileage. Anyways, Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts