Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1993 volvo glt 850, with two rear deck speakers...

does anyone know what size they are? and if I buy new ones will I have to modify them to fit the speaker bracket?

Thanks in advance.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I think they are 6x9's you should be able to remove the speakers from the factory covers and replace speakers.Im not 100% positive but I thinks so.If you can't reuse the factory covers you should be able the use the holes without modifying the holes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE(cauqazn @ Dec 12 2004, 05:48 AM)i have a 1993 volvo glt 850, with two rear deck speakers...

does anyone know what size they are? and if I buy new ones will I have to modify them to fit the speaker bracket?

Thanks in advance.
[snapback]1620[/snapback]​

Yeah that`s right they are 6*9 but I`ve managed to fit 8" one, modification of rear deck was consisted of two steps, 1)Enlarge the standart speaker places.2)Making the speaker housin 2.5 cm higher,cause 8" has large and tall magnet body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a '94 850 Turbo, and I can tell you that the stock speakers are NOT 6x9".... They appear to be 6x9", but they are actually 5 1/2 x 7 1/2" (if I remember correctly). I discovered this when I tried to put my 6x9" speakers into the stock holes and they were too big. My solution was to custom fabricate boxes to hold my new speakers. Problem solved, and onlycost me $20 and an hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts