Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just buy a 1994 850 with a standard tape & radio. The front speaker is working fine, but the rear one doesn't have the same output level as the front one... When the fader is set to center, the I set the volume. If I set the fader to rear only, the rear speaker volume level is very low compare to the one at the front...

Does they exist an external amplifier for the rear speaker, or it's something in tha radio that is broken??

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
An external amplifier could be used, i guess...
Probably even a wiring issue...

But, well... It happened to my front passenger side speakers once, and it took only one solid full-wristed beating (
) to the side of the speaker (not on the speaker itself! Careful!) to fix it. Have not failed me to this day.

Sometimes, it is simply amazing what your vulnerable, unprotected body can do to help fix your solid airbag-infested metal car.

Try it. Don't worry, this is STILL considered TLC...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally I found the problem... The read speaker on the sedan was made of one 6x9 and a tweeter. The tweeter is mount over the 6x9. The problem was that the glue that maintaint the magnet of the tweeter in place broke (maybe due to sun overheat) and the magnet felt down on the 6x9. So both magnet maintain the speaker cone and this is why I got a poor quality sound.

I manage to replace the magnet at the good place and glue it again on the tweeter!

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
so this is a standard 6 x 9 speaker with bits in the middle to give tweet plus super tweet - so volvo has arranged this as a woofer type deal at the "head unit" to give the directional stereo up front and a mono bass effort up back

this is same as all them "home theatre" systems you buy for home which have a main woof and 5 other speakers to give > 200 hz directional info

such a system should sound good and if glue dont hold just buy an aftermarket 9 x 6 [I wont say OEM
] and slot it in

of course you will need to buy a pair so, as for me, you will then be thinking of devious ways to use the spare one [see photos posted yesterday]

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Happy to know that you've fixed it.

And thanks for updating and sharing with the rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts