Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a problem with a scrubbing noise that appears to be coming from my passenger rear tire. I took the tire off, looked at the pads, rotor, etc., and all seemed fine. I put the car in drive, (on jack stands of coarse), and it made the noise. I took off the caliper, rotor etc, put it in drive again, and no noise. I put everything back together again, and after 50 miles of driving, and parking overnight, it's back to making the noise again. Any ideas?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
There is 2 things I can think of 1.The rear pad spring rubbing on the rotor.2.Surface rust building up on the inside of the rotor and E-brake shoes rubbing it off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 27 2005, 11:11 PM)There is 2 things I can think of 1.The rear pad spring rubbing on the rotor.2.Surface rust building up on the inside of the rotor and E-brake shoes rubbing it off.
[snapback]4150[/snapback]​

It's neither of the two. I pulled everything again, and found the bushings shot. Does anyone know of a web site where I can get a free diagram of the rr axle rod?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not only was it odd, but a pain in the neck as well. I am still waiting to get it to a garage, since the bearings need to be pressed on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hope your repair goes well. My 98 S70 had the same noise from the rear wheels. It was gone after we took it in for a rear brake job. not sure what they did, but the noise was gone. It sure sounded like rust build up to me. My rotors were pretty bad (rusty) so I had them all replaced. Haven't heard any more noises from them since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just for the record, Tech has been great with trying to assist me the best he could. It's good to know that people still have a genuine heart for helping others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts