Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The automatic sunroof in my Volvo V70 2001 functions well in all positions but after closing it, it will rattle, even when you are driving only 25miles/hour.
Pushing it in the frame from the outside or a push from the inside does not help to stop the noise.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this, or is there any manual available ?
Any recommendations?

Thanks !
Valerie

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Take a good look at the back of the glass from inside the car.There is a metal bracket that runs from side to side.See if that came loose.Alot of times the glue comes apart and it comes loose and will fall out sooner or later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tech,

I have the same problem with that metal bracket in my 2001 Volvo S60. I recently noticed that when I close any of the doors in the car, the sunroof rattles. I then noticed that the metal bracket on both the front and rear of the sunroof glass had come unglued (just as you mentioned below), but only towards the passenger side of the car.

I had my car in for for the 45k service last week at a nearby Volvo dealership and asked if they could glue the bracket back for me. They said they could not and suggested bringing it to a sunroof shop or glass shop.

Could you recommend the best materials to use to glue it back again?
Is there any reason you know of why the dealership would not want to glue it back?

I would appreciate any recommendataions.

Thanks !!!

Bryan

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
They really don't have anything that will hold it to the glass.

If you are still under warranty they should have replaced it under warranty.

If not I have seen many people throw them away and not have any problems with the glass from it missing.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Would SILICONE-GLUE do the trick?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts