Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, have a sunny day and a romantic evening.

It's brilliant of me finding such excellent site to join to the Volvo club. Here are a lot more members than I expect it would be.

I want to know why my 1990 240GLE catches sever cold in the next morning whenever I park it outside in the raining night. The Engine won't stop caughing unit the temperature rises; it takes about 10 min.

Hope at least one of our fellow member gives me some advice.

Thank you guys!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Have you tuned it up lately?There might be moisture getting in the spark plug wires causing missfiring when there is moisture.You can try sealing the wires with WD-40 by spraying the wires with it.I have heard of this working.But if the wires are bad they should be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Mar 1 2005, 08:51 AM)Have you tuned it up lately?There might be moisture getting in the spark plug wires causing missfiring when there is moisture.You can try sealing the wires with WD-40 by spraying the wires with it.I have heard of this working.But if the wires are bad they should be replaced.
[snapback]4257[/snapback]​

Thank you pal! In fact, the problem had been solved two and a half years ago by replacing the wires and then the engine was started perfeclty for more than a year.

It came back last spring when I moved from coast area to the central mountine area. I've been thinking which part that moisture might get in after the rainy nights and is dried up after the engine runs for 10 min.

You're probably right to spray wires with WD- 40. I'll do it after the engine is warm-up enough. Let's see how this works with my 240.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts