Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2005 V50 T5 AWD and seem to be having a issue with the radio. The issue is that when I press one of the station buttons (1 - 9), it will not change to the station set for that button. It will just remain on the current station. The Screen will go blank for a second or two, and then just display the current station (also happens when I use the arrow keys on the wheel). If I hit the AM\FM button it will switch to AM, so it does recongnize some functions. I usally see this happen when I get in the car, change to a different station upon driving, and then don't switch station for a little while. The next time I hit a new station is when I see the issue. The only way I can get this stop is to turn off the radio power and turn it back on.

The radio is the one with the 6 disc CD changer, if it makes a difference.

Anyone else seen this issue by chance?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey tb.. Yea, I get that too. The radio just freezes. I've got the 6cd Premium Sound package and its the just the FM channels that get stuck occasionally. Same as you I turn it on and off and its fine. Haven't mentioned it to the dealer yet but coming up to 10k service.. I'll let you know..

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have the 2005 S40 which I believe shares the same stereo system. I had the exact same issues with my car. There is a software update that needs to be done to fix the problem. Call your local retailer and have your VIN ready. Different release date vehicles need different updates. Here is the S40 thread...Hope that helps!

http://www.volvo-forums.com/t1952-s40-fm-p...t-weirdness.htm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.