Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have problems with my Volvo's cd/radio. The radio doesn't start at all. It has been silent for almost one month now. My local volvo retailer said that the ICM-module causes that radio won't start but I really think that it can't be the problem because all the other settings (air condition settings etc..) can be seen on the ICM-screen, only the radio is missing and the radio's own settings are missing when I press the menu-button. So the ICM-module seems to be working properly despite the radio. If someone can help me somehow what to do next I would be very grateful! Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
4,787 Posts
QUOTE (VolvoFIN @ Aug 25 2011, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all!

I have problems with my Volvo's cd/radio. The radio doesn't start at all. It has been silent for almost one month now. My local volvo retailer said that the ICM-module causes that radio won't start but I really think that it can't be the problem because all the other settings (air condition settings etc..) can be seen on the ICM-screen, only the radio is missing and the radio's own settings are missing when I press the menu-button. So the ICM-module seems to be working properly despite the radio. If someone can help me somehow what to do next I would be very grateful! Thank you!

have you check the fuses,you have a set in your engine bay,and in the passengers footwell,and in your trunk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Fuses checked and they're all ok! Haven't check ones in the trunk yet though, gotta check the manual where to find them. Im pretty sure that all the fuses are ok.

·
Super Moderator
4,787 Posts
QUOTE (VolvoFIN @ Aug 25 2011, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes, Fuses checked and they're all ok! Haven't check ones in the trunk yet though, gotta check the manual where to find them. Im pretty sure that all the fuses are ok.
check the wiring on the back of your radio,it should have an in line fuse.and some but not all radio can have a small fuse inside the radio.

·
Registered
443 Posts
The ICM module is one of a number of interlinked (usually by optic fibers) modules that make up the sound (Infotainment) system as can be seen by scrolling down to the appropriate section of the following attachment. The climate control and security systems are not dependent on the ICM module and can continue to function and display on the screen even if the ICM module is faulty. There is no stand-alone radio/CD player with its own internal fuses as there used to be with older cars (and no fuse panel in trunk of the S40/V50). The Volvo technician therefore could (only could) be correct to suggest the ICM module is faulty.

View attachment S40MY2005_Electrical.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Platypup @ Aug 26 2011, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The ICM module is one of a number of interlinked (usually by optic fibers) modules that make up the sound (Infotainment) system as can be seen by scrolling down to the appropriate section of the following attachment. The climate control and security systems are not dependent on the ICM module and can continue to function and display on the screen even if the ICM module is faulty. There is no stand-alone radio/CD player with its own internal fuses as there used to be with older cars (and no fuse panel in trunk of the S40/V50). The Volvo technician therefore could (only could) be correct to suggest the ICM module is faulty.

View attachment 9132

Thank you a lot for information! Hopefully the attachment file will help me a bit.. I'll inform you all here when I get the radio fixed and what the problem was. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (VolvoFIN @ Aug 30 2011, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thank you a lot for information! Hopefully the attachment file will help me a bit.. I'll inform you all here when I get the radio fixed and what the problem was. Thanks.

I got a new ICM-module from different S40 volvo and put it on its place and plugged the cables but nothing happened. The screen doesn't show anything at all at the moment. What do you ppl think is it possible to get this new module working properly at all? Does it have to be re-configurated somehow or what should I do in this situation? Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE (VolvoFIN @ Sep 12 2011, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I got a new ICM-module from different S40 volvo and put it on its place and plugged the cables but nothing happened. The screen doesn't show anything at all at the moment. What do you ppl think is it possible to get this new module working properly at all? Does it have to be re-configurated somehow or what should I do in this situation? Thanks!

And why is it so few come back to post the solution to the problems, amazing, in all these years since post, and not a sole reports solutions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All .... new to the site .... I have a 2004 Volvo S4O .... Have had the car 10 yrs and it has been brilliant. However the last 6 months the Radio has been tempremental .... sometimes it works and others it doesn't .... I can press it on ... lights up for 2 seconds then off ..... then maybe 2 weeks later it comes on and I think it will turn off any second but it doesn't ... it stays on and works great ... CD Player too till I get to my destination and takes the keys out.... later switch it on .... lights up for 2 seconds then off ....have disconnected the battery... left it 20 mins .... re-connected battery ..... but no joy .... and ideas anyone
regards
Lawrie from North Yorkshire

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys
I have a problem with my Volvo v70P3 2008
If I disconnect the green connector after that I connect back the radio working maybe 1 minute but after 1 minute the radio silent and the lcd screen doesn’t show anything.
Does anybody knows what’s wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okey I bought another one But the problem Still have it
I changed a fuse in the back box.
But I don’t know what else to do

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okey I bought another one But the problem Still have it
I changed a fuse in the back box.
But I don’t know what else to do
Is this solved ? I have the same problem. Mabye it has something to do with MOST ring?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is this solved ? I have the same problem. Mabye it has something to do with MOST ring?
I fix it.
My service man changed to the lcd screen but he didn’t tell me.
When I asked him that can I get back to the panel I just changed to the old one and it’s worked.
The Volvo told me if you changed the panel or a radio the car “brain” will be turn off to the system because it see those panel doesn’t to the own one.
One new panel is horrible price and the radio as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts