Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone, I am new to this forum and am trying to get info on my new S40. I just bought a 2005 S40 T5 AWD (will actually get it in May!) and want to hookup an iPod to it. I checked around the forum but only found info on older models, so I apologize if someone already addressed this.
-I want to get any technical specs, model number, etc., of the radio installed into the waterfall panel in the new S40 and any of the possible connections (I/O's) to it. That way I can plan ahead for any equipment that will be needed.
-Mainly need to know if there is an auxillary input in the back of this radio and if so, how to access it.

I want to use the Belkin Auto Kit to hook the iPod up, which needs an auxiliary line-in, I hear the FM tranmitters don't produce the same quality output. I'm also going to hookup xm/sirius radio (as Volvo doesn't offer for this model car).

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
261 Posts
volvo is going to offer Sirius on the S40 by the 2nd quarter. Also, I have seen pictures of the S40 kit for the Ipod. I am upset that it is not a "glove box" mount but I am sure that someone will figure out how to do that. Also both the Sirius and the Ipod can be controlled with the existing S40 steering wheel controls

1 - 2 of 2 Posts