Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more of a general question I guess..... I noticed that on one side of my s60, the windows have a purplish streaking/staining. Today, I got my windows tinted and it has become much more noticeable with the tints. Anyone have a clue what this is and how to get it out?

thanks

(I would post pictures to clarify what I'm talking about but my camera is broken)

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Most of the time that happens from sprinklers hitting the car.

It is the water leaving those stains.

A good window cleaner should remove them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
hmm... I tried to use a window cleaner I picked up from advance auto parts on it and it didnt seem to want to come off. any particular one you would recommend?

thanks

EDIT: the other thing im wondering is if maybe its on the inside, which would suck since I would have to take the tints off and get them redone.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
No other reccomendations.

The other thing you might want to do is check with a detail shop or your local dealers detail dept. I know they know how to get it off.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(ks5z @ Aug 21 2005, 06:20 PM)It will say Laminated where all the other information is printed on the window... at least our's do...

[snapback]13916[/snapback]​

Mine doesnt say laminated, but it has three small pictures in the corner, one looks like a mallet against the window, one looks like raindrops, ans I dont now what the third is.

Anyway, the laminated windows had some sort of water repellant on them, I was thinking maybe it was a problem with that.

If not, Ive found that Simple Green works everything Ive tried.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Most of the time you can see if the glass is laminated.You will see the 2 peices of glass if you look at the edge.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I went to the detailing department of the local dealer and they cleared it up without a problem, saying that they saw it all the time. All they used was some spray on glass cleaner and a very fine steel wool pad, and it came right off. FYI for anyone who may encounter a similar problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts