Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a S80 T6 2000 but the air conditioned does not cool the car very well but before recharging the gas i think that the pollen filter is very dirty because there is not enough air coming out form the system but i removed a cover on the passenger side with the hood all the way up and there is no pollen filter, any one here knows where is the pollenfilter located?

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE(samdao @ Mar 10 2005, 08:51 PM)I have a S80 T6 2000 but the air conditioned does not cool the car very well but before recharging the gas i think that the pollen filter is very dirty because there is not enough air coming out form the system but i removed a cover on the passenger side with the hood all the way up and there is no pollen filter, any one here knows where is the pollenfilter located?
[snapback]4925[/snapback]​

The pollen filter is located under the glovebox area inside the vehicle. This link has step-by-step instructions on how to replace it:
http://www.volvospeed.com/maintence.htm#Filters

Click on the S80 Cabin Filter Change link.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cover area a little different than the one in the pictures of the instructions in the volvospeed.com instructions, is it valid for S80 T6 2000? because i removed the cover and there is no filter, what else can cause a very poor air coming from the vents?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Your car could have 1 of 2 filters.There is a thin one like pictured in the link.There is also a thicker one that goes just behind the one shown in the link.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I followed the instructions but i still do not find any filter i don know if the filter was removed by the previous car owner... but i still not having enough air volume coming from the vents.... i also posted a "coolant leak inside the car in the driver side" question, do you think that this issues are related?. is it expenssive?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It could be related.Also when you took the black cover off there was no filter in either slot? There is 2 types of filters.There is a skinny one that goes close the the back of the car.There is also a heavy duty filter that goes closer to the front of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts