Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just a small one..Changing air filters from the box to the pod on a 99 S40 T4. Do you think or for that matter does it have any ill effects on the car EG making it rin to lean.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
A dirty air filter really shouldn't make it run to lean.It is kind of hard to make those things run lean.The computer adjusts for everything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that mate it is much appreciated. Im still a little unsure about doin the pod filter thing without changing other thinhs aswell. Emmision light has come on when i changed it a couple of days ago until i changed it back..Do you think that the ECU will adjust to it?
I know it wont give it a massive amount of a power increase if at all but i want to start givin the thing a bit of a tweek since i had a quick bash in a EVO 3 the other day. It only had 155kw and mine has 147kw but shit it had some torque.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Did you leave the mass flow sensor attached to the car when you put the new filter on?
If you don't the car will run like crap.
As long as you keep all of the electronics in the proper spots then you will be fine.The compter will adjust itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts