Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 2000 C70 2.0T LPT!
lovely motor to look at and drive apart from a clicking noise on full lock at low speed (i think its the drive shaft!) But i can't play copied cds in the 3 disc changer! whats the score with this! is there something i need to do, or can this be changed in any way!! would appreciate some advice on this cause its a bit annoying!
cheers!!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The only thing I could suggest that I heard is to try to burn the C/D at a lower speed and see if it works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers!! i will give that a try!
any one else with any ideas, or the same problem themself!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2000 C70 2.0LPT Coupe and mine is the same. The only success I have found is a disc made by sirius. The problem is, I only bought a few and now I have run out. These discs arent a complete sucess and seem to struggle to find the beginning of each track. Like you, I would like to know if anyone else has the same problem and has cured it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Burn the CD's onto a "CD-R" format. It says it right on the disk. Usually, the "CD-RW" format is the disk that will NOT work on some certain CD players. The brand does not matter. I hope this fixes the problem for you guys. Let me know if this works.

Good luck,

Anthony.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nope, Tried that! I have probably tried about 15 different manufacturers of CD's
I have tried CD-R, CD-RW, expensive & cheap. Burned them slow, burned them fast! No Luck other than those sirius disc's They are a very light blue I think that may be the key!

·
Registered
20 Posts
No I haven't tried the black discs, I willhave to see if they work! I just bought the war of the worlds cd from Tesco and that doesn't work either! It says that it is SA- CD but should work on all cd players but not my Volvo it seems. The disc is a gold colour, again perhaps this is the problem. I am fed up with the **** thing.......

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
when you "rip" these CDs are you simply doing "exact copy" or are you grabbing certain tracks? [whereby you have option of x secs between tracks so that could be it]

also are you using Nero or what as burn software?

I am presently putting all my CDs to an IPod and I simply started by using my copy CDs like you but had probs so went back to orig CD and did selections over again

not sure I can help but if you answer above it may jog some idea

I feel that the auto changer is probably putting more strain on the copy CD ie needing to know more info re each track than a single play CD

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use Maxell CD-R 80XL and they run no problem on my girlfriend's 2001 C70.
Last time i bought a spindle of 100 blanks and every other one was a burn failure - bang - instant coaster.

M

·
Registered
27 Posts
I actually gave this a go, 3 CD's made at different times, with possibly different software and 2 of the 3 take ages to load, whirling hissing sound , then they eventually play but forget trying to navigate the tracks its just too **** annoying, the other one, no problem.... whether its chance or not I don't know but the one that worked was ripped with Roxio Easy CD Creator Platinum, the two that didn't weren't, I think I used Nero....same CD discs, so maybe that's a hint. At any rate, I have decided to swing the 6 CD changer over from the 850 which has no problems with 'DIY' CD's, the in dash 3 CD is too **** slow anyway!!

Oz

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in Japan so the price was probably about 120 ish, the cabling is for a Panasonic changer, any audio shop will be able to tell you or just keep your eye out on ebay for a genuine. They come up on Japan's Yahoo all the time.. maybe some on spare parts forums etc too...

Oz

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have also just purchased a 2000 c70 and very quickly found out that it will not play cd-rs. Have tried many different brands of media including the Memorex "black", to no avail. My only option seems to be the addition of a cd changer to the trunk, luckily they are prewired for this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are your CD players CD-R compitable. Genuine music CDs are different from CD-R. If the player is not CD-R compitable, it will not play.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know if the proper "Audio" CD-R's work with the SC-901? So far I have tried the following manufacturers normal CD-R discs :-

Sirius - works sometimes but no chance of skipping tracks
Phillips - accepts the discs but cant find the tracks
Taiyo Yuden - wont accept discs
verbatim - wont accept the discs
Ritek - wont accept the discs
CMC - wont accept the discs

Jase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had the exact same problems and found some manufacturer CD's just get rejected by my SC901. Am using Musicmatch to burn on CD's off of a spindle.

Have found one way of getting them to work, but is not perfect. If the CD starts to whirr and won't start to play; hold the FF button until it catches in (usually half way through the first track). These CDs can't be fast forwarded, interupted by Phone/Traffic report, but will play straight through if uninterrupted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Suckit

I have the same problem - been an owner of a '99 c70 with the SC901 for about 2 weeks now. For me it does the following:
- I insert (completely, partially) full 3-disk box into player
- Machine goes looking for CD1
- Seems like it loads CD1 but soon afterwards it doesnt like it
- Trying to load CD2
- Same as CD1 -> doesnt like it
- Trying CD3
- Same problem again
- Back to CD1
- Same ...

Let me know if you find out more!

Thanks,
tim.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi guys I've been suffering with this problem for AGES, and I thought I might add my 2 cents.

I have a SC900 headunit and my 3 disc changer cant stand the thought of a CD-R or CD-RW, I like many ppl here, have tried an enormous amount of brands and burners with different speeds and software, all with varying luck. The majority of cases the disc simply wouldn't play, in some rare cases the disc took ages to seek the track but then played, then found subsequent tracks no problem, however if you went to skip a track, for example wanted to skip track 3 to go straight to 4 you unleashed a world of pain again.

I spoke to many different companies about this and well Volvo simply said CD-R's and CD-RW's are not supported, other companies suggested changing the headunit which was something I was about to do.

Lately I have noticed that the SC900 is actually not playing some new original CD's as well, I have not bothered chasing this up with Volvo as the car is out of warranty now anyway but it is quite disappointing given the quality of everything else in the audio system.

In other words I've given up on the SC900 playing CD-R's or CD-RWs, and decided to look at iPod integration into the headunit, something im about to make a post about

1 - 20 of 33 Posts