Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey! my 86 240 is pissing antifreeze at an alarming rate!! it seems to be leaking from the engine near the front. please tell me its NOT the water pump!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE(barnbarn @ Feb 28 2005, 04:11 PM)hey! my 86 240 is pissing antifreeze at an alarming rate!! it seems to be leaking from the engine near the front. please tell me its NOT the water pump!!!

[snapback]4205[/snapback]​

where is yours leaking from exactly, can you tell? mine seems to be at the top of the water pump, at the front of the motor... if it's not the pump then i have got serious problems!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If it is from the water pump look in 3 places.1. where the top of the water pump meets the engine check the rubber seal.2. look under the water pump and see if it is coming out of the waep hole.3.check at the back of the water pump on the passenger side.You will see a pipe that goes into the back of the water pump it has a rubber seal where it goes into teh pump.

Most of the time to repair most of those leaks you have to remove the water pump.Then while you have it apart your better off installing a new pump while you have it apart.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Excactly the right thing too do is new Water Pump & new O rings & gasket I tried to do O rings only & hadto do the job twice, good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts