Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just got 2001 Volvo V70 2.4T last nite, car has about 60K miles on it and on the way from the dealer message came up "Performance reduced".
I test drove this car before I bought it many times and this car had Check Engine lite on, so on one of the test drives I floored the throttle and that message "Performance reduced" came up and I felt like the car was cutting engine power.

Dealer said they fixed the Check Engine lite as it is not showing up anymore, but after driving from the dealer for about like 20 minutes or so the that "Performance reduced" message came up.

I was wondering if it has to do anything with that check engine lite being there before, or something else?

Thank you,

Daniel

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes it is related to the Check Engine light take it back and make them FIX it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are you running premium fuel? I've been looking at upgrading my ECU. Talked to the Volvo mechanic and questioned about the requirement of 93 octane gasoline. He suggested that you can run any grade of gasoline and the engine will adapt. But, to keep it running strong and efficient premium is advised.

If you constantly use a lower grade or get consecutive tanks of bad gas that the engines system will adapt so it won't self destruct and will lower your performance as it adjusts the ECU. It requires a factory mechanic to reset the ECU to original specs. This can be done at any Volvo service dealer.

You might want to consider draining the tank (for your lawn mower) refilling with premium then having the ECU adjusted.

But then it could be any one of many other engine performance issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I succed to reset my "Time for regular service" on my 2002 V70 XC.
What i did:
Note: the door was lock, front lights off and the odometer was on (T1)

1- Turn key to position 1
2- Hold odometer button a few sec till i hear a sound "beep"
3- As soon as i hear the sound, i move key to position # 2 then wait 1sec and back to position 0 and remove the key.

After trying all the kind of tricks everyone says, and loose 45min of ly life, i start trying some variation and this is how i erase my "time for regular service"

About the 045 code:
i have the same problem the last winter.

I went out of power "engine performance reduce" is mark in the dashboard.

The error code mention #045
I can see my error code when i put the key to position #1, press the odometer button and hold it till you hear a sound, then moove key to position #2. In my case it write 045.

I change my turbo solenoid and it never happen again since.
My solenoid was too stiff and send too much gaz to motor.
My fuel consuption was a lot more then normal.

Since i change it, i'm back to normal and everything is fine !

good luck

Cheers !
Jean-Francois

1 - 4 of 4 Posts