Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Are you trying to move foward/back?Or are you trying to lean the seat back?If you are trying to move forard/back some times if they arent moved in a long time they will stick if you try to move foward and back a couple of times might work.Do you hear the motor running all the time while depressing the switch?You can also try lubbing the tracks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Jan 13 2005, 09:29 AM)Are you trying to move foward/back?Or are you trying to lean the seat back?If you are trying to move forard/back some times if they arent moved in a long time they will stick if you try to move foward and back a couple of times might work.Do you hear the motor running all the time while depressing the switch?You can also try lubbing the tracks.
[snapback]2263[/snapback]​

YES, MOTOR WORKS WHILE PRESSING SWITCH. IT WORKED WHEN WE FIRST GOT IT BUT SOMEONE TRIED TO BE A G LOW RIDER AND PUT THE SEAT ALL THE WAY BACK AND EVER SINCE IT WILL NOT MOVE.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sorry for asking again but is the seat all the way reclined back?Or Did they just have long legs and slid aal the way back?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Jan 13 2005, 12:14 PM)Sorry for asking again but is the seat all the way reclined back?Or Did they just have long legs and slid aal the way back?
[snapback]2270[/snapback]​

Yes Sir, They reclined it back, it still moves forwards and backwards as far as leg room. It has set up for awhile because my fuel pump was going out and i am having it replaced today so i can begin to drive it again after 6 mon. i am sooooo excited i miss my Volvo!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I bet you missed it.Yes sounds like the cable in the back rest is bad.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(BECKHAM @ Jan 14 2005, 08:28 AM)Yes Sir, They reclined it back, it still moves forwards and backwards as far as leg room. It has set up for awhile because my fuel pump was going out and i am having it replaced today so i can begin to drive it again after 6 mon. i am sooooo excited i miss my Volvo!
[snapback]2287[/snapback]​

THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!! I'LL TRY NOT TO BE SUCH A BOTHER TO YOU GUYS. YOU HELP PUT PEOPLE'S MINDS AT EASE.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Are you going to try to tackle the seat repair your self?If so let me know I can help you with the instructions to replace the cable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Jan 14 2005, 03:05 PM)Are you going to try to tackle the seat repair your self?If so let me know I can help you with the instructions to replace the cable.
[snapback]2299[/snapback]​

I believe we know a fellow who is going to try and do it for us. But if it turns out we have to do it i would love to have instructions. THANKS!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Ok just let me know if you need them then I will send you a private message with the instructions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Jan 18 2005, 12:05 PM)Ok just let me know if you need them then I will send you a private message with the instructions.
[snapback]2384[/snapback]​

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts