Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 C70 now has 120k miles. It's starting to require more maintenance. Where do you guys get most of your parts from other than local auto parts stores?

·
Registered
793 Posts
After diagnosis, I check the parts schematic available at most dealer websites and get the correct Volvo Part Number(s) and Nomenclature, and then I head to EBAY to see who has the best price for that exact Part . . . . often it's another Volvo Dealer who offers substantial discounts to people who ARE NOT their local Customers. If it can be a used part, then the EBAY Seller must have taken the time to input the proper Part Number.

It's interesting that our local Volvo Dealer (100 miles away from me) will only give independent mechanics a 5% discount off the Volvo MSRP, so that eliminates any mark-up they might obtain . . . . so that often removes (by design) any incentive for the independents to want to work on Volvos. Other Manufacturers have similar gimmicks to control the marketplace; but Volvo's is among the worst.

Foe example, last week I needed to purchase a Power Steering Pressure Hose for my S60 and the Volvo MSRP was $195.28 while I was able to obtain the same new product from another Volvo Dealer in California for only $55.33 . . . . that savings can add up over a few years. My car now has 301,000 miles on it, and many parts that you wouldn't think of have been replaced . . . . not just brakes, belts, bushing, and tires.

But you have to enjoy "the hunt" !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I have large agricultural machinery and I was looking for spare parts to replace the axle. But the difficulties appeared almost immediately, when I removed the part that needed to be replaced, I realized that the part had a number and any part would not work. Found carraro axle parts catalog where I found original spare parts in the catalog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts