Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it might all be imaginary; but this is what I'd like to do with the ol 244. A colour like this (currently its white). Does anyone have enough knowledge to be able to say whether the different hood is exchangeable (the photo is obviously a more recent model than 81). By looking at it, the grill assembly would also have to be changed...would have to look at a comparable model to size up whether it would look right. dw

Attachments

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I dont think the hoods are interchangable.You might have to change the entire fron end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 27 2004, 12:33 PM)I dont think the hoods are interchangable.You might have to change the entire fron end.
[snapback]1330[/snapback]​

Thanks Tech, after looking a little more thought it may be like that. The 244 is not such a bad looking car, especiallyin the later models. To 'chop' the 81 (front end) in all realism is probably stupid of me to think of, unlikely and wouldn't look right anyway. The doors etc are diffrent also I think. Wont stop me from needing to paint the car as currently the paint is thin enough to start allowing superfical rust. Thanks again , DW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts