Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey All, this is my first post!! First, a thank you to Tech, all other admins and all the members of this forum, there is a ton of useful information here!

This thread is geared toward the overseas delivery option that Volvo has been offering over the years. If you don't know anything about it, take a look:http://www.volvocars.us/FinancialServices/Overseas/

I'd like to hear about everyone experiences with the process as I am planning on purchasing a 2006 S40 T5 AWD (6-speed manual, dynamic-trim, premium audio, DSTC) in October of this year via the overseas winter deal.

Thanks again, its great to be a part of this forum!

~Greg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a newbie also. Just did that and getting my car from dealer next week.
My wife and i absolutely loved this opportunity and we drove the car for 3wks. See my post in the newbies forum.

The experience was EASY. We could not have afforded the flight and rental and the trip. This became an obvious choice for us on $$s alone.

We put 2422 miles on the car in 10 countries. The driving was awesome! No problems, but we did have a TomTomGO navigation system. That was a life saver! It was very safe everywhere we drove, the roads are excellent and fuel is approx $5.00 - $9.00 PER GALLON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Volvo also paid for the insurance! Can't beat that.
Enjoy your trip, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me.

Ed.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Greggor @ Apr 6 2005, 11:37 PM)

Hey All, this is my first post!! First, a thank you to Tech, all other admins and all the members of this forum, there is a ton of useful information here!

This thread is geared toward the overseas delivery option that Volvo has been offering over the years. If you don't know anything about it, take a look:http://www.volvocars.us/FinancialServices/Overseas/

I'd like to hear about everyone experiences with the process as I am planning on purchasing a 2006 S40 T5 AWD (6-speed manual, dynamic-trim, premium audio, DSTC) in October of this year via the overseas winter deal.

Thanks again, its great to be a part of this forum!

~Greg
[snapback]6344[/snapback]​

Welcome, Greg.

Enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Overseas delivery for Volvo is a great way to see Europe. I have bought that way from Gothenburg many times (4). The roads are great and the driving is easy in Sweden. I would advise to learn up on road symbols because they could be confusing. Free tickets, hotel and sometimes added trips to Barcelona (which I took) or London make it better value-not to mention bypassing the salesmen.
Rafique

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I just got back Friday (Aug 10th) from our overseas delivery of our new 2007 S80. We had a great time. It was just as described on the web site. We didn't get to get a factory tour since they are shutdown from July through the second week of August, but they took us through the Volo safety center which was pretty cool.

After picking up our car, we drove Southeast through the glass district and visited two glass factories. Then we headed up the East cost to Oskarshamn and spent the night. The next day we headed to Stockholm where we spent two nights in Old Town (Gamla Stan). After that we headed back across Sweden to Gothenburg before returning the car and coming home. We drove 1,030 miles.

It was a very fun trip, as the Swedes spoke very good English so it made communicating very easy (our Swedish is pretty poor, but we did try).

I recommend this to anyone who is thinking about it. We will most definitely do it again when we buy our next volvo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.