Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One more problem! My orange arrow overdrive light is awlays done and doesn't turn off when I push the button on the side of my auto shifter. I hear the click but the light doesn't turn off.... I have noticed that because of this the transmission doesn't seem to shift to it's final gear... I was low at one point with transmission oil but all is normal now. I think the transmission began not to shift to 4 when this light appeared.... Don't know if this light being on is related to the highbeams and 3rd brake light not working....

THANKS AGAIN!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem. It's most likely the OD relay located behind the center dash vents. You have to take out the glove box to get to it. Haynes manual will give you the exact location. You can diy, part costs about $20 at junk yard, $25 on ebay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just encountered the same problem. My OD was not shifting into 4th. My mechanic checked n confirm the OD relay (Hella) underneath the glove compartment not working perfectly ... got it changed (USD48 new) but did not rectify problem.... problem persisted..... went underneath and found OD solenoid not working.... that ws the culprit.... did not change it, could not get part so my mechanic improvised... made a grove in the solenoid so that the oil would pass thru... thus no need Relay and no need OD switch.... permanent OD.... drove it for 250km and found it ok.... now gears engaging as usual and fuel comsumption is low too... compared when i couldn't shift into OD...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts