Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going right now to investigate. I have read up on and drooled over the S40 T5 long enough. Now it is time to test drive!
I would like to special order one. How long does that typically take?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Enjoy the test drive and give us an update when you get back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 21 2005, 11:42 AM)Enjoy the test drive and give us an update when you get back.
[snapback]3769[/snapback]​

OK! I'm back. The dealership is right down the road from my work...

They had 6 models of S40 in stock. None equipped the way I wanted, exactly, but all were very nice. They had two red (2.4i T-Tek and T5AWD T-Tek), black (T5 Leather) , blue (T5AWD Leather) , two silver (T5 Leather and 2.4i T-Tek). So, really nice choices. However, I would like mine equipped with the navigation system and some other minor differences.
I am bringing my wife down one day this week so she can drive it. So far, she is actually encouraging me to go T5AWD! No arguments here.
At any rate, it is a fantastic vehicle that I want more than ever now... Dealer said it will take about 2 months to special order, so I have to get my wife down soon to test drive! Lease rates are excellent now too.
I'll keep you posted!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Cool Im glad you enjoyed the test drive.Keep us posted about what your wife thinks.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It took about 7 weeks to get my custom order to the dealer. Check out the option to take delivery at the Factory!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(niko05 @ Feb 21 2005, 04:15 PM)Check out the option to take delivery at the Factory!
[snapback]3782[/snapback]​

You know, I just did that... That is an inviting offer. Too bad I have two young kids at home or I would seriously consider that for my wife and I ! That would be a truly unique experience. Maybe for my 2015 Volvo!
We should put up a post asking if anyone has gone that route. That would be interesting to see pictures of the factory.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(niko05 @ Feb 21 2005, 04:15 PM)Check out the option to take delivery at the Factory!
[snapback]3782[/snapback]​

OK! You had to get me going on this! Well, I have been looking into this option, and Volvo makes a very compelling argument to come get the car! There are so many packages to choose from, some with deep discounts. There are even family packages.
If anyone is curious, here is the link to their "Added Incentives" page.
http://www.volvocars.us/FinancialServices/...ddedIncentives/

If we go, my wife wants to make it at least a week... We'll see... But, what an experience that would be!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts