Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Best value for straight line speed. Don't you dare turn though! Just kidding I can appreciate any work done to a car because it's a statement of yourself. I drive a 2000 Focus Hatchback and a lot of people look at me and ask why I fixed it up. My car is me and everyone that sees my car knows it's mine.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Tech-I like your car. I think you should be proud of the car and what it says about you. For one thing-you are one of the few American's who choose to drive a manual car.
You obviously have spent a lot of time keeping it groomed-the light blue on the seat looks great.

How you can change gear with the right hand amazes me!!

Just a short story-when I was a young fellow-we got a story of an American travelling in South Africa with his wife. He was injured in the outbacks and bled to death because his wife could not drive a Land Rover-Manual gearbox back to civilization.

Cheers

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Im proud of it.I love my manual shift it is great to drive.That is kinda sad about that story.But I taught my wife early how to drive a manual.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
nice stang there tech my friend drives one also its a awesome sports car yeah i think that a car is like what u are its a part of u like every stupid friend of mine that doesnt know ne thing about cars says ur volvo is old, slow, a pos, and all that trash and i say "dont worry about it". when in reality its really not at all they dont know that volvos are luxury cars and that the 200-series was one of the best models ever built so yeah but yeah its cool to have a car that u want it to be like everyone who sees my crunk blue volvo they no its me sweet car tech

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks yes it is a part of who we are no matter what anyone says.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm likin' the 5.0...it's always been the 1st car I'd buy if I won the lottery
just so I could burn off the rear tires and not have to worry about how much it's costing me.

Is the red interior stock? I don't know if I've ever seen that on a Mustang.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the interior was red from the factory.Im in the proccess of changing it slowly to match the seats.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It took some modifications to get them in there.They werent that bad in price either.They were $400.00 for both.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Tech,

..... (I don't actually know what to say, as I am not a techie person... just someone who thinks he likes to try as much D-I-Ys as possible)... In reality, everything is maintained as 'standard-setting' as possible.

To add to it, Mustangs are not available in my country. But a very inexperienced person like me, might say, i think it looks like the old Honda Civic... Erg. Don't blast me for getting it wrong.

And the seats & interior = they match = parts of engine. Thee hee... That sure looks cool.

·
Registered
45 Posts
love the Notchback there tech...good but you should be punished for that spoiler I know we've all had issues with the notches having a sorta plain trunk but that doesnt justify that spoiler. go to your room and think about what you've done!
lol
--zak--

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I had my way It would have been gone along time ago.I hate it as well.I haven't had the extra cash to buy a new trunk lid.The spoiler was installed before I bought it.It will be gone when its time to repaint.

·
Registered
35 Posts
hey awesome car man...great color scheme...for a ford. I have my trans am that is still in the works so i am all about V-8 power. but honestly nice ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
don't worry about it! i have a doo-doo $400 beater 96 Volvo 850 5-speed and also an extremely clean black '88 Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed with t-tops, BBK long-tube headers, BBK 3" H-Pipe with Flowmaster 40 series on the end (exhaust ends tucked up under the car in front of gas tank - plenty of clearance for flames tho), cold-air-intake of some sort? no name brand, i think. underdrive pullies and a short shifter as well as lowered suspension on your same wheels except that they're clearcoated and in perfect condition. it's got a '93 Saleen wing on it and jet black tinted windows on the clean black paint (that i hand wax every single day.... *sigh* it'll never end!)

and yeah, girls not being able to drive stick FTL. i can't drive auto, i'd die - it would bore me to death!!!!

the mustang's definitely fun, though.... there's nothing like making it kick sideways at 100MPH in 5th gear with nothing but throttle, AND all the while sitting on Falken Ziex 255/50/R16 performance tires lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts