Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My volvo S80 2001 T6 motor , Oil vapor coming out of the engine oil gauge tube, does it indicate an oil leak from the ignition chamber or is it normal???

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
if by engine oil gauge tube you mean the dipstick, then it depends on how much, if its a lot it can indicate a blocked PCV system

·
Registered
47 Posts
im no machanic and had to google what pcv was the breather for the engine and as grendel1960 directed check them! ive had my share of cars with blow buy im not saying its your problem but something to consider perhaps, research over a long time has helped me understand a little more on that subject as far as i know all cars have a breather
the oil system can become presurised and as the years go by over time this can get worse and we start to see oil seeping out everywhare the breather is fitted to help ventilate the engine but only so far, some oil during running becomes airborn and normaly passes through the hose into the combustion chamber via the air intake manifold, a catch can with filter could be fitted inline filtering the air ventilating from the breather but would not cure it, so to sum up smell the oil does it smell of fuel?
Rectangle Font Line Slope Parallel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts