Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey y'all..!
just a question, my s40 seems to have an oil leak between the gearbox and the engine, right along the join. i'm just wondering if this is a common problem and whether anyones had any experience with fixing it and its cost. it's under warranty fromthe car lot but just curious. for a car with 46,000 kilometres it seems wierd.
also, have you guys had problems getting your s40s lowered? i cant seem to get anyone to touch mine for lower than 2 inches
, and i want about four
..! but if theres any aussie guys on here, k-mac seems to have a decent deal, ill keep you updated because im going to go with them for lowering because they seem to really be able to lower it to any height.
i guess u guys know the look im aiming for with the rims and the lowering i want lol, bling bling

any help and comments welcome
cheers!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The rear main seal does leak sometimes.If you had to pay for it something like $800.00 US dollars.

Lowering most company's only make the springs that go 2 inches.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Cool keep us posted on the outcome.
If you find a company for the lowering springs let us know as well.
This way other people can use the info as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for the repair i was quoted $650 from volvo in aud, so we'll see what the car dealership says for the repair.
it was engine oil as far as i know, it wasnt gearbox oil so yeah.
the company i'm gunna go with is l mac as mentioned before, it seems to be the more reliable smarter option.
car goes in for repairs tomorro so i hope im back in action asap.
sweet as

cyas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts