Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1998 V70 AWD had stalling and restart issues when hot. New spark plugs, distributor cap, dit. rotor, ignition coil, plus a cleaning of mass air flow sensor done. Tests on catalytic converter showed no exhaust clog, cylinder compression OK. Then car acted like it was going to stall (low idle) at red lights after 1 1/2 days of having car back. Going back to garage, they tell me oil is getting into distributor. They prefer to swap out distributror over replacing seal as it is alleged to be les laborious and more cost effective. While Volvo tech is on vacation till Wedneday and they are busy, part(s) they also claim have been hard to find in general. I am trying to help locate (have done itr before). Problem is that I now don't knoiw what I'm looking for. Thre S70 has a "diistributor" and easy to locate. I am told thru the web "grapevine" that the B5254T turbo engine is a little different and comprises of a rotor arm, cap and adapter to fit into cam, SOOO I don't even know what I am looking for. Anyone know what I should be looking for in part or parts to satisfy garage's need for a "distributor"??? (I can't get to garage to bug them and getting return calls or emails from are taking days due to their overload of work)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts