Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Recently bought a 78000 mile 2.5 turbo V70 1998 year . Great car but noticed a smell of fumes in car .
Took car back to dealer and he diagnosed rear oil seal which he replaced under warranty and while box was off i put in a new clutch. OK that sorted the mess on my path but now I still have that smell of fumes in my car. I noticed today that there is crankcase gases leaking out of the breather pipes where the PVT valve goes into the air duct round back of engine - gases are coming up back of engine and straight into fresh air ducts for car ventilation. I guess these pipes should be sealed and gases should go into exhaust but could this mean my oil seperator is blocked up or some pipes leaking?

thanks

steve

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Your vent box could be clogged or you could have a split hose for the vent system.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
That could be what you call the oil seperator.It is located under the intake manifold on the right side of the motor by the accessories.Most of the time we take it off and it weighs about 5-10 lbs.

First make sure where the fumes are coming from isn't a bad hose or something like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts