Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone else with the 2.4 non-tubo engine has noticed high oil consumption?

I use full synthetic 10-30 (mobil 1) and change the oil every 6000-7500 as recommended or every 4 months. However, about every 3000-4000 miles, I find that I'm down about a quart give or take...

I drive the car pretty hard, and in all kinds of conditions with the AC and texas heat, but I've never had a car use this much oil. I'm just passing 23K miles and it's been this way since new.

Any ideas if this is normal?

Thanks

Z

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
I've got a 2002 S60. I've only had the oil changed once and I don't think it used that much. I've heard some people say that a quart every 3k is not out of the ordinary. However, any car I have ever driven that uses that much oil had a leak somewhere or something going on internally with the engine.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there. For what my experience is worth to you-I seldom drive hard. Over the years with all the cars I owned-if you drive with both feet on the accelerator-you use a lot more petrol and I've noticed that I loose oil to boot.

Have you ever noticed that you become a paragon of virtue when you see a traffic cop in your rear vision mirror?

I bet your fuel economy goes up dramatically.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL - I may live in Texas but I learned to drive in New York City and have the lead foot to go with it...

Thanks guys, I'm sure it's okay, though next service I'll have the dealer double check it.

Zac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts