Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volvo's have been in the family for a long time and I just found a 86 240 (not sure if its a dl or gl) auto in decent shape with 150k miles on it asking $950 but im thinkin 650
thats the kinda guy I am
what do you guys think? Im wondering if this would be a baseline for a good DD with good slight moded handling and a few speed goodies, but is there another, more sought after volvo that I should go for? nothing 70's or anything but I heard about a 2dr turbo like the 240's cant remember the model.... but i remember likeing it a lot. I kinda dont like the auto trans but thats not too bad...
the car has ok paint(could use a colorsand job) with dented up front 1/4's(replace at least one) and needs misc trim all the way around.
what do you guys think should I jump on it? or hold out for somthing better? Im waiting to sell my 86 civic(pretty good car and not the dime a doz one u see everywhere) since i need something reliable.
I also have the option of getting a 87 mistu. starion for the same price but needs more work so im thinking: speed and sports look/ride or comfort and more work to make a sleeper also possible being more reliable
first post!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.suby.tk
--zak--

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If you want some kind of speed look for a turbo car.240 make a turbo in the earlier models.They made a 242 2 door turbo which are kind of hard to find.But if you don't want any speed yet then go for it.If you can get if for close to 650 it doesn't sound all that bad.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol nice... yea i saw a 242 turbo coupe I loved it. I'm just trying to get everything to work out. My soccer season is coming to an end(busy busy busy) so I will have more time and seeing that 240 alone in the parking lot just set me off. I used to HATE my family's 89 240 this was much before I learned common sense.
Could you guys refer me to some info sites and hybrid type of build ups or something...to give me an idea of what I can do? oooo I want it already. much appreciated ppl.
--zak--(information junkie)

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
What type of build up are you talking.You could go with a chevy 350 or a ford 302 or just get a turbo car.The you can turn the boost up to 15 psi and throw nitrous on and go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im thinking about that but theres a 86 starion near by thats soo tempting too im getting another job soon if my team isnt in playoffs so we'll see
but the volvo is the one I defenaitly wanna stick with!
--zak--

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
these engines can handle 15lbs? where can i read more info? ima noob need to be started with basics and something that explains all the diff volvo specific info.
ill do more browsing and searching for now to keep everyone happy.
--zak--

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Yes do some searching on this forum I have seen someone post a link to a site that will give you tons of info.I don't rememeber the link but I know it is in here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts