Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start to drive my S70 early in the morning without waiting for the engine to run for at least 5 minutes there will be a loud "Woooooh" from the front when I step on the pedal for fuel. The noise will only stop after travelling for about 2 Km. What is the problem?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Is the car new to you?
The S70 has an air pump that comes on when the car is cold and only runs for a short time.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
In any case, you don't have to make it a hard and fast rule to have the engine warm up to 5 minutes, early in the morning, or on a cold start. About two or three minutes should be enough.

Although the operating temperature of Volvos are quite high, a slow start when you put the gear on 'D', and move the car after 100m is enough. Just don't begin to press the pedal almost immediately after that. (We need to conserve fuel anyway.
)

Someone I know, immediately puts the aircond on, just after startup. He said this was to accelerate the temperature so he could start flooring the pedals to work. For the first start in the morning, this is not advisable - additional load you may not want the car to carry unnecessary burden so early in the morning.
Wind your window down and feel the fresh, crisp morning air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts