Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is matt, im a volvo tech in albany ny, we've seen a few cars that would lose oil pressure, you do the oring and it would be fine but on a few others it sill had no oil press. then we put engines in them, now i took an engine out of a 2000 XC70- B5244T that had this problem, rebuilt it useing all new volvo parts, (ALL!!) including an oil punp and still its loseing oil pressure. now it only happens under a load. i can let it sit all day at an idle and its fine but as soon as i take it out on the road and put a load on it it loses pressure, please help im lost and no one can help me. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Are you sure one of the o-rings didn't shift when putting the pan back on.
The only other thing it could be besides the o-rings is the oil pump.

I have never seen that before in the 5 years at the dealer.And I have rebuilt a couple of engine as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i am sure the orings didnt get shifted, and the oil pump is new, now i have no idea where to go with this. ive got my FTS looking into it and he has no idea eighter. the thing that gets me is that is has great pressure until you drive it and a put a load on it and then it goes to zero lbs. until you let it sit for a little while. im so lost ive done everything to it. oh well if you find anything let me know. thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I will see if I can find out anymore.

By the way who is your FTS up there?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Ok I was asking about your FTS because I had heard that A Greg Jeffries was heading up that way and I used to work with him.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im in the orlando area!!!

Greg Jeffries Is the FTS that came up with most of the repairs and Fixes for the C70 convertable.

He is a good guy and great Tech.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts