Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings. I've owned a 1997 850 for nearly 7 years now (has 127K miles). It was purchased "new" (never titled) but was a dealer demo car at a great price. As with my other cars, I perform all maintenance possible myself and have a trusted mechanic (friend) for the rest.

This forum looks promising for help and guidance. I'm dissapointed but not surprised by all the ads and links related to the "Fix Or Repair Daily" brand and models. We bought this car several months before they took over Volvo. For American cars, my family and friends are all GM owners (Chevrolet, Pontiac, Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Saturn, etc.) and there are no Fords whatsoever.

Just my opening $0.02.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Welcome, Corvette!

I like reading your opening 2 cents.

Since you do most of your own repairs, please also feel free to contribute wherever you can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll definitely help and contribute where possible, but I've yet to tackle any serious maintenance items. Below are most the maintenance or repair I've performed on the car to date.

- Replaced left front wheel bearing assembly
- Replaced brakes and front rotors (damaged due to wheel bearing failure)
- Replaced windshield washer "T"
- Replaced numerous dash and console light bulbs
- Replaced ventilation system resistor (for fan speed switch)
- Flushed cooling system
- Flushed transmission
- Disabled "service" light by removing bulb
- Disabled numerous items when they failed in order to avoid spending money on the car (namely headlight wipers/washers and the power antenna)

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Corvette @ Oct 6 2005, 01:17 AM)Below are most the maintenance or repair I've performed on the car to date.

- Replaced left front wheel bearing assembly
- Replaced brakes and front rotors (damaged due to wheel bearing failure)
- Replaced numerous dash and console light bulbs
- Replaced ventilation system resistor (for fan speed switch)
- Flushed cooling system
- Flushed transmission
[snapback]16228[/snapback]​

Were these done DIY? Then

1 - 6 of 6 Posts