Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I am an old timer to Volvos, my first being a '59 554 model. I currently have two 240 models, one is a 82 GL converted to a DL (by trashing that crappy V6 engine), and a '78 242GT that I've fitted with a Chevy 350. I picked up a lot of tweaks and quirky fixes over the 25 years that I've had Volvos, so any help I can give, I will. My '78 has had the V8 for 3 years, and this is the second car I have converted. It has a 78 Bertone interior, and the GT dash gauges. I have also added the 2" lowering springs from IPD. This is a scary fast car, but handles beautifully. My only problem is the obvious lack of traction under power. I would like to hear from someone who has installed a GM or Ford posi rear end in a 240, to hopefully avoid some problem that someone else has already figured out. I would be happy to share my experiences with motor conversions with anyone interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.