Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am a newbie from Singapore. Brought my first Volvo 2005 XC70 2 mths ago. "Volvo for life" - looks like it's achievable.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there Benn. Great to see you here. I brought my S80 from a dealer in Singapore. You all drive very nice cars in Singapore and look after the cars very well also.

Keep in touch.

Cheers

·
Registered
24 Posts
hello benn and welcome!!

My husband and I also bought our 1st volvo - new 2005 s40 2.4i. Taking delivery in 2 weeks and am very pleased. Indeed it seems like it will be "volvo for life" -- I already have my sights on the XC90 (well at least in a few years' time as the family expands)
Happy driving!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Auckland, In Singapore, besides that cars are extremely expensive, it can only be on the road for 10 years or we pay a huge premium to keep them on the road for another 10 more yrs.
Due to some rebate policy (we get low value from car body
), it was much economical to export my last "mint condition" Honda Accord before 5 y.o. than keeping for the remaining useful lives. This applies to most cars manufactured sometime in 89 - 91. Maybe, this is why they are "newer" and better "cared".

2redhot, I am kinda "convert" Volvo driver after constant marketing talk from a "Diehard" Volvo friend - he collected his XC70 (his 4th Volvo) a week earlier than mine. I gotta get him here too. My wife also likes the XC90 (after booking the 70
, I guess more for the kids) but local agent could not "upgrade" for me as my XC70 was shipped with non-standard Bi-xenon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts