Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm from Belgium, Europe, and I just ordered my very first Volvo. I've always been a BMW man, and am currently driving an 8 month old BMW 5 series, but it has to go now. We already have a daughter, and end of this month we're having twins. No way can I fit three kids in a BMW, so that's where the Volvo XC90 comes in.

Guess I'll learn to like it in time.

It's a D5 (185HP), Titanium Grey Pearl, Momentum Pack (Leather Offblack, Electric mirrors with water coating, Rain sensor, Audio Premium Sound, Wood inlay, Park assist, dimming interior mirror, luggage cover, grocery holder), Tinted side and rear windows, removable trailer hitch.

Has anyone heard the Premium Sound in the XC90 ? IS it good ?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Welcome, and congrats for your purchase!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(S60 R @ Aug 19 2005, 02:04 PM)

If its the HU-850, its an insult to call it good...its unbelievable
[snapback]13796[/snapback]​

It's the one with the 12 speakers and the Dolby Prologic 2, with the 4x75W amp and 25W Center channel... Don't know if it's called HU-850

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
It looks exactly the same as the HU-850, but the XC90 has twelve speakers and the S60 has 13. Youll love it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm in the UK and have had the volvo xc90 since dec last year. Hope you're now converted and enjoying it as much as I am. I had a BMW 3 series before and havn't looked back! I'd like to ask you what baby car seat(s) you decided on now you're the proud owner of twins also. I can't find any specific volvo baby seats on their accessories site so I wonder if you can give me any advice? My baby is due in January so I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I don't have an XC90 (it's what I sometimes wish for when blowing all those candles out!) but believe that all modern Volvos are fitted with Isofix fasteners in the outboard positions of the rear seats (I guess the second row in an XC90?). They are metal "ring" like catches attached to the floorpan, hidden down the gap between the seat bench & seat back.

Your local dealer can supply Isofix guides (which hold the "rings" up at the right angle and make fitting & removing the seat a real doddle) and portable infant seats for children weighing 3-10kg. You can carry the child in the seat to & from the car etc. Volvo can also supply seats for older/heavier children as well plus booster seats after that.

Talk to your local Volvo dealer, but be prepared to part with a lot of cash. My attitude is that child safety is worth every penny.

Not much use for twins, but I think that model has an integrated booster cushion for older children in the middle of the second row of seats.

Enjoy the twins - I'm uncle to boisterous twin boys and am still recovering from their 3rd birthday party last weekend! Love them to bits but gee are they a lot of work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(Gini @ Oct 8 2005, 07:58 PM)Hi, I'm in the UK and have had the volvo xc90 since dec last year. Hope you're now converted and enjoying it as much as I am. I had a BMW 3 series before and havn't looked back! I'd like to ask you what baby car seat(s) you decided on now you're the proud owner of twins also. I can't find any specific volvo baby seats on their accessories site so I wonder if you can give me any advice? My baby is due in January so I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.
[snapback]16375[/snapback]​

Hi Gini,
I purchased a 2005 XC90 last December (and also own a BMW 3). I am using the Graco Autobaby (plus the base) with the XC90. I installed the base in the middle seat of the second row, however, XC90 does not have a latch hook for the middle seat (maybe it's because it's the same seat as the child booster). You could install it to the right or to the left side, but I prefer the middle seat as I feel it's safest location in the vehicle. So I used the lap/shoulder seat belt from the middle seat to secure the base. You will need to use the locking pin (provided by Graco) to tightly secure the base. So far, it has worked great.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Kameron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts