Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I guess you could say I'm a converted Mustang fanatic. After giving up Mustangs for a while I have really gotten into Volvo's. I currently own a 1994 850 Turbo Sedan. It's in good shape despite the miles (183K). The automatic transmission is on the way out. I am looking to replace it, but I don't if I'm going to spend all this money I might as well get what I want. A manual that is. I want to convert my auto to a manual. I know it''s a pain, I learned this with my Mustang. I'm just trying to get a rough estimate on what exactly I will have to change. Aside from this, I have a couple of other general questions. How many psi of boost is there under sport and normal mode? What's the BHP for the automatic model? Is there a aftermarket wastegate such as a Gillis?

thank,
david

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more question. What exactly is the stock rim size? I'm assuming that it's 16X7? I'm wanting to put on some 225/50/16 BFG G-Force T/A KDWS. Best all season performance tire out there, and great in the snow, but I have doubts that it will fit?

thanks in advance,
david

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The tires might fit with out rubbing but not sure.To swap to a manual transmission yes it will be a pain.You will have to install the pedal assy.You might have to change the engine harness,the transmision computer,install shifter cables,slath cylinder,I think you will also have to replace both axles.For performance upgrades check out these sites.
http://www.ipdusa.com/
http://www.volvomotorsports.com/

Also what year mustang did you have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE(mustanglover32 @ Jan 13 2005, 11:54 AM)One more question. What exactly is the stock rim size? I'm assuming that it's 16X7? I'm wanting to put on some 225/50/16 BFG G-Force T/A KDWS. Best all season performance tire out there, and great in the snow, but I have doubts that it will fit?
thanks in advance,
david
[snapback]2248[/snapback]​

No chance to fit 225/50/16 on 850/S70, I`ve tried to fit 205/55/16 p700z, as the result I`d had to repair the inner part of the front wheels housin, and if you want to get the best perfomance use seasonal tyres not allseason! For wider tyres try 225/35/18, this one will fit!

QUOTEI currently own a 1994 850 Turbo Sedan. It's in good shape despite the miles (183K). The automatic transmission is on the way out

Too short range! My T5 just got 235000 km without any gear problems, seems to me the previous owner was a street racer!

For additional info check out www.volvospeed.com

Good luck!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Pretty cool I have an 1987 LX 5.0 and that is my baby.Working on making it a weekend racer and daily driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts