Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this looks like the right place for Volvo owners! Well, this is my first post soooo, last April 2004 I purchased 2004.5 s40 2.5, I loved it! Seemed everything was great until about 22,000mi....both bearings had to be replaced, dealership had no idea why, basically told me even the space shuttle fails....was covered under warranty but had to go back twice for the work to get done, probably a dealership mishap, missed, or didn't look at the other bearing...literally picked the car up and drove it noticing another noise, had to bring back for the other to be replaced. After the second bearing was replaced, I still noticed a noise in the wheel along with vibrating brakes and steering wheel. I suspect the rotors were not put back on properly...any ideas if this is a mechanic problem at the dealership or the car itself? I was told by the dealership that I was the first to report the bearing problem. I do feel the dealership is getting tired of me even though none of this is my fault......any recommendations on how to proceed? Should I call Volvo?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If it happened after they started repairs it is their responsibility to repair the car properly.Make sure you test drive the car with the Service manager or the Shop foreman and show them the problems.
This way you can make sure it is fixed properly.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
I agree with Tech. If the noise comes as a result of you sending your car in for them to look at, then it becomes the responsibility of the workshop to put things in order again.

That's why sometimes, taking a ride in the car with the Chief Mechanic or so, is important - sometimes they make claims that the noise was 'probably' there even before the repairs start.

Stand up for your right.

Their getting tired is not your problem... if they know deny responsibility, you could lodge an official complaint with Volvo as dealers are supposed to be more forthcoming than this.

(Sometimes they even have the cheek to charge you labour for repairing something that they did wrong...)
Try rationalising with them.

If all else fails, report!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Maybe this is just my Dealership's policy, but when you go in for anything, they take a 10-15 minute drive with you after they finish to make sure everything was completed correctly and make sure you do not have any more questions. I thought this was a "Volvo" thing. Maybe it is just my local Volvo service department's policy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, everyone thanks for your replies...Guess what, they replaced the rotors. At first they said I would have to pay for them as well as getting new brake pads....After my husbanc got involoved with simply saying we will not pay for this, the dealership called Volvo and they ended up good willing the rotors but surprise, the brakes didn't need to get done afterall. Now for the good part, I had to bring it back again, after 2 weeks, sounds like its the bearing up front again. I haven't heard from the service dept. yet, but yesterday they said all sounds well, they were going to try putting a new set of tires on the car to see if it is the problem. What is up, does anyone think I have a lemon?

I love my car but I am so frustrated. At this point I don't know if it's the car or the service department.

Help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts