Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone!
I just bought a 1999 s70 this weekend. I have been very impressed so far. There are a few things that I am concerned about, though:

1. The driver's power window control has several broken buttons, and it feels like the driver's window button is about to break next. I've seen this control on ebay for ~$100...is it pretty easy to install? Anyone else have this problem?

2. The headlight switch has broken. I saw that this was recalled a few years ago...will volvo give me a new one? I have it working currently, but if anyone touches it the thing falls apart and none of the lights will work.

3. The alarm is VERY quiet. You can barely hear the horn honking. The horn works fine when the car is on...just not when the alarm has been set off. Why is this? What can I do?

4. When I first start the car after it has been sitting for a while, it almost cuts off. It sputters and the RPMs drop to about 500. If I give it some gas for a minute, it is okay and starts to run normally. I thought this might be because of a dirty throttle body...which I tried to clean, but didn't feel like I accomplished anything.

5. Do I have to use premium gas? It is the T5 model. It is very tempting to use 87 octane.

6. It didn't come with the original keyless remote. Is it the same little rectangular 3/4 button one that I see all over ebay for the S70, V70, S40? Anyone know the exact fccid or other numbers?

Sorry to ask so many questions all at once. After reading your site for several days, I know I have come to the right place for answers!

Sean

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
5. Do I have to use premium gas? It is the T5 model. It is very tempting to use 87 octane.

For what this is worth to you-try using BP's Ultimate 98. Octane rating 98.4. BP will give you a new experience in motoring. The 98.4 is environmentally good also-less sulphur. I use this petrol. I get excellent economy and when I need it-a V8 to boot!!

You have new experiences awaiting you-trust me

Cheers

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
1.Replace the master window switch assembly

2.Have the dealer run the VIN# and see if the recall has been done yet.

3.The alarm horn is different from the regular horn.The alarm horn is located at the back of the engine compartment.

4.The fuel pump might be bleeding back some from sitting overnight.

5.Not really but reccomended.

6.That remote might work But the dealer will have to program it.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Auckland @ Sep 9 2005, 05:02 AM)5. Do I have to use premium gas? It is the T5 model. It is very tempting to use 87 octane.

For what this is worth to you-try using BP's Ultimate 98. Octane rating 98.4. BP will give you a new experience in motoring. The 98.4 is environmentally good also-less sulphur. I use this petrol. I get excellent economy and when I need it-a V8 to boot!!

You have new experiences awaiting you-trust me

Cheers
[snapback]14953[/snapback]​

Or get the LPG adapter in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts