Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new S40 has come up with bettah security feauters with various crumple zones as well as rear and front impact protection. Another fing I lyke abt it is that de front seats can be folded too to make some space for longer stuff. N yeah it does achieve extra ordinary high speeds in minimal period of tyme

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gota Volvo too. S40 1.9 T. oh Boy! It goes off like a BMW, I considered Nissan Altima before I finally decided to spend my money on this car. Why?
Because Volvo's the number one, be it quality, appearance, comfort etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love the real leather feel …ewwHh, its like soo smooth like the surface of ice..*hmmMmMmzzMmz*. No other Volvo car that I've tried out has given me this much fuel economy, it's 25 MPG when u'd be crusing around in the town goes to 36 when rolling on the highway. Wonderful nah..??

·
Registered
2 Posts
The engine provides with good amount of power, the cruise control is good, pick up speed is grrrrreaatt with excellent exteriors. When I am at highway the engine does make a li'l sort of "weeping" noise, but in the city it is just muted down to zero. I've got a cd/casstette player n I luv the vibrational sounds it gives, music has so much feel when I hear it in my S40.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ma latest Volvo's nothing less then Mercedes Benz…. diz newWw S40 is a pleasur3 to have. Egcept that it ain't tha' roomy as a Benz would be….. Nonetheless I cawl it a family car, coz my 5 memba family can easily fit in….. it's ezZ 2 park plus it comez in with all the nice standard features such as climate control, CD player, powa windows etc…. n da mossst amazing n interesting point is it's unique outlook, I can easily locate my car in the parking lot!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have almost made 8,000 miles and binGooOOo!!!
No troubles at all. My S40 is a very obedient little babyyyyyy …… :> it's so versatile I've got this 1.9 liter 170 Hp engine in it , well at least it provides sufficient power so I can commute to work, ride around in the town with my frends, dunno if it gives sufficient speed at highways cuz I never took it there. We use our suv for that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine seems to bog on takeoff - anyone else have that? or do I need to take it back to have it looked at? Moderate acceleration from a stand-still is almost impossible - yeah, I know - just don't try moderate acceleration......... not always possible in traffic though. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE(egljet1 @ Sep 14 2004, 11:08 AM)Mine seems to bog on takeoff - anyone else have that? or do I need to take it back to have it looked at? Moderate acceleration from a stand-still is almost impossible - yeah, I know - just don't try moderate acceleration......... not always possible in traffic though. Any help is appreciated
[snapback]727[/snapback]​

Is the ole' one turn on the wastegate still possible?

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE(Gil @ Jul 28 2004, 09:58 AM)I love the real leather feel …ewwHh, its like soo smooth like the surface of ice..*hmmMmMmzzMmz*. No other Volvo car that I've tried out has given me this much fuel economy, it's 25 MPG when u'd be crusing around in the town goes to 36 when rolling on the highway. Wonderful nah..??

[snapback]174[/snapback]​

We bought a 2004.5 in August and thus far, it's been outstanding. Averages ~ 25.5 MPG. Fun to drive, sporty looking too. Wife loves it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The New Volvo S40 has been recently released in my country and i'm thinking to buy same.

It is offered with a 1600cc engine -100hp , 150-4000rpm. Are these figures "sufficient" for a car of this weight/size?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts