Volvo Owners Forum banner

New Remote Purchase & Programming

11K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  ampangbear 
#1 ·
I want to purchase a new remote for my 1999-S70. There are several codes on the back of mine, one of which, I assume will tell me whether it is compatable/programmable for my year/make/model. Would anyone know which code one the back will ensure compatability? Thank you

#7 ·
Kevino,
I just noticed a guy on eBay_ selling instructions to program a remote for a 1999 Volvo S70. You might do a little research on it. He claims to have instructions to program the remotes without any tools/equipment?!? If thats true, then I'm REALLY disgusted with dealer programming charges....

#9 ·
QUOTE(kevino @ Jul 31 2005, 05:48 AM)Interesting! Thanks for the info. Kyoshojoe
I went ahead and purchased that just now. Total w/shipping was $6.48. I'll keep you posted. If it works and is legal, I'll post the directions here on the forum. Take care-
[snapback]12447[/snapback]​

Good luck
Yes keep us posted.

#14 ·
Well... I received an email from the seller of those instructions, which said that the product was no longer available. I emailed her back and asked why. She said that she learned the process requires special diagnostic equipment. She refunded my money.
She asked me to check out her other bargains, though?
I should have known better.
No lunch for me. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.