Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to purchase a new remote for my 1999-S70. There are several codes on the back of mine, one of which, I assume will tell me whether it is compatable/programmable for my year/make/model. Would anyone know which code one the back will ensure compatability? Thank you

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I forget exactly which one it is.Most of the #'s should match.
The remotes for the 1999 and 2000 should be the same.
The 1998 remote is different.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sorry I forgot to add that the dealer will have to program the new remote.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That seems pretty reasonable. You can purchase them on ebay and maybe other places for a fraction of the price of a new one, too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Kevino,
I just noticed a guy on eBay_ selling instructions to program a remote for a 1999 Volvo S70. You might do a little research on it. He claims to have instructions to program the remotes without any tools/equipment?!? If thats true, then I'm REALLY disgusted with dealer programming charges....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting! Thanks for the info. Kyoshojoe :) I went ahead and purchased that just now. Total w/shipping was $6.48. I'll keep you posted. If it works and is legal, I'll post the directions here on the forum. Take care-

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(kevino @ Jul 31 2005, 05:48 AM)Interesting! Thanks for the info. Kyoshojoe
I went ahead and purchased that just now. Total w/shipping was $6.48. I'll keep you posted. If it works and is legal, I'll post the directions here on the forum. Take care-
[snapback]12447[/snapback]​

Good luck
Yes keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Jul 31 2005, 09:19 PM)Good luck
Yes keep us posted.
[snapback]12456[/snapback]​

Yes, INTERESTING !

Just USD6.48???

·
Registered
25 Posts

I'm glad that you are the guinea pig on this one. If you didn't I was going to send some money in....you may have saved me lunch Kevino!!!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Let's leave it to see what joy Kevino brings... and might just have to buy HIM lunch now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well... I received an email from the seller of those instructions, which said that the product was no longer available. I emailed her back and asked why. She said that she learned the process requires special diagnostic equipment. She refunded my money.
She asked me to check out her other bargains, though?
I should have known better.
No lunch for me. :)

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Aug 6 2005, 09:33 AM)I knew it was to good to be true!!
[snapback]12890[/snapback]​

1 - 17 of 17 Posts