Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new to this an i'm not sure if this is the right place to be introducing myself but here goes. I have recently traded in a 1989 760 turbo for a 1995 960 with 300,000 k. I got it for $3800.00 and I know it's a fair price but i'm nervous since i know of the sometimes tempermental and expensive nature of the beast. It looks like new, but there is a prominent smell of raw gas at times, particularily from the trunk. At other times it is gone, but it is there more often then not. It passed a saftey check last week and I wonder if they fudged something. will get it checked out but I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem The dealer, who drove it himself for about six months gave me a 1 year warrentry on the engine and trans and said he recently changed the fuel pump, which he said was a common problem. took it on a long drive- three hours @ 120k and it rides like a dream. any ideas? thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
If they just changed the fuel pump, maybe something isnt tight. Check underneath the gas tank and lines, make sure theres no signs of leaking.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Check the lines going to the sending unit.They Crack at times in a hard to see spot.

If you fill it all the way up with gas does any ever leak?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Welcome Joe,

I'd with the fuel line as well.

Anyway, please update the Garage section with pics of your car, eh?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(S60 R @ Aug 4 2005, 10:02 PM)
If they just changed the fuel pump, maybe something isnt tight. Check underneath the gas tank and lines, make sure theres no signs of leaking.
[snapback]12848[/snapback]​

1 - 6 of 6 Posts