Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

just joined this group. I'm a V70 2.5T owner in the UK and have had the car since new in 1997. Just coming up to it's 170,000 mile birthday and have just had a recon engine fitted after many knocking noises suddenly started. I've also replaced about every other conceivable part on the car hence my decision to replace the engine.

My current problem (and hence Googling found this board) is a remote key fob one. SWMBO managed to wash hers and it now won't work. So the question is, if I get a second hand fob, can I reprogram it myself?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Im am not 100% sure if you can.Here in the U.S. the V70 came in 1998.The 97 850 you could program with out the dealer doing it.You can try.This it how you do it to program the 850.Turn the key on/off/on/off/on then see if the led on the dash either stays light or flashes fast.If it does then push a button on the remote.If it interupts the led on the dash then turn the key off and see if the remote is programmed.

If that doesn't work then the dealer will have to program it with the hand held computer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.