Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,
My wife and I are looking to take delivery of a new XC90 V8 thru the Overseas
Delivery program offered by Volvo. We're from Michigan/USA. Has anyone here gone thru this program?
We have been Toyota 4Runner owners for years, but the new XC90 certainly fits our needs nicely.(Although it seems Volvo still has a few bugs to work out).
I'm sure this Forum will be helpful in our decision. Any and all comments re: XC90 Pros and Cons are welcome. Thank you...Cedarholm

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Welcome to the forum.Congrats on your new purchase.I think Volvo has most of the bugs worked out by now.Let us all know how the V-8 is after you get it and drive it.The V-8 is new for the 2006 model year.The V-8 engine is supposed to be a very nice and powerful motor.It is a similiar motor to what used to be in the Ford Taurus SHO cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Jan 16 2005, 12:16 PM)Welcome to the forum.Congrats on your new purchase.I think Volvo has most of the bugs worked out by now.Let us all know how the V-8 is after you get it and drive it.The V-8 is new for the 2006 model year.The V-8 engine is supposed to be a very nice and powerful motor.It is a similiar motor to what used to be in the Ford Taurus SHO cars.
[snapback]2336[/snapback]​

Thanks Tech,
To clarify, the XC90 V8 is not in our possession yet. We really want that V8 (Made by Yamaha!), and are thinking of doing the overseas delivery at Volvo Headquarters in Sweden. My wife wants to get me over to Europe and it all looks like a good deal. I've heard only 15,000 of the V8's are coming to USA in 2005.
I'll keep in touch...Cedarholm

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Thanks for replying I will be waiting to hear about your experiance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cedarholm, let me know what you find out. My wife and I are putting serious thought into the overseas pickup for the S40 T5 AWD. We are from Post Falls, Idaho. I think it would be a unique experience. Did you notice however the closure dates for the plant retooling? It was sometime from mid-April to mid-August 2005. They are offering a tour of the Volvo Safety Facility in-lieu of the factory for those dates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there,

My wife and I just returned from Paris and participated in the Volvo Expat program (similar to the overseas delivery program) for our newest XC90 T6 AWD. We met them at the Paris Autoshow in October, where they launched the XC90 V8. We had the option to get the V8 but it won't be delivered until March. So we opted for the T6 and received it in January at our dealership.

Overall, I highly recommed the overseas delivery program. The cost was MUCH lower than getting one on the lot, plus you can customize the Volvo to your desire. If timing is not an issue (more than 6 weeks for delivery), this is the best way to buy a Volvo.

Let me know if you have any specific questions, I would be more than happy to share our details.

Kameron

·
Registered
12 Posts
I purchased a fully loaded 2007 XC90 through the European delivery program. Not only did we save a lot of $$$ and had free travel to/from Europe ... all aspects of ordering the car and picking it up was an unbelievably positive experience. I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who's considering a new Volvo. The only downside is that there can be upwards of 8 to 12 week delay from the time you drop off your car to when you receive it at a local Volvo dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts