Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I purchased my 1st 850 sedan ..'93 and I am very very pleased. It runs like a new car. My question is about the electronic climate control. The dual temperature dials work properly for temperature. However, the middle selector knob does not seem to do anything. Regardless of position the air comes from the floor mostly and a little from the dash vents. No defroster air flow. I know that my power stage resistor between the blower speed switch and the blower motor is not good. It has failed. So now I have bypassed it and just use the blower motor with a toggle switch. Will the new resisitor make the air direction selector knob operable or does it only control blower speed. So, could I be looking at a new Electronic climate control unit? THANKS.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(ozone @ Oct 11 2005, 12:24 AM)Hi, I purchased my 1st 850 sedan ..'93 and I am very very pleased. It runs like a new car. My question is about the electronic climate control. The dual temperature dials work properly for temperature. However, the middle selector knob does not seem to do anything. Regardless of position the air comes from the floor mostly and a little from the dash vents. No defroster air flow. I know that my power stage resistor between the blower speed switch and the blower motor is not good. It has failed. So now I have bypassed it and just use the blower motor with a toggle switch. Will the new resisitor make the air direction selector knob operable or does it only control blower speed. So, could I be looking at a new Electronic climate control unit? THANKS.

[snapback]16453[/snapback]​

This is just a hunch. But I think your air passage selector is jammed. Either the switch or the airway duct itself or something else (?). And I think it's mechanical and not electrical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts