Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to you all,
came upon this forum as I am sitting in Germany trying to decide what car I want to buy. We are stationed here with the Army and one of my cars of chioce is the V50. Love almost everything about it, could have a little more trunk space though. Anyway one thing that is keeping me from buying the car right now is the high dealer cost. I called a Volco dealer here and was quoted 280euros app 369$ for a small service including oil and filterchange and checking diagnostik. After that phonecall I had to swallow pretty hard because I find this to be very unreasonable. So now I am standing at a cross road. Since we might return to the states my question is if any of you guys have an idea how much a service runs there. Just a figure amount would be great. I know my first 4 services are free but after that it is all me. Has anybody had any V 50 T5's and any problems with it? Also I am wondering if I am getting a deccent deal I would be paying 25630$ for a V50T5 with heated seats and the roof rail package. Any information is appreciated.
Maria

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The services are a little cheaper here in the U.S. The first 30,000 should be free services.Thats what the free factory maintiance service was last I knew.Then they aren't that bad after that.Most of the time you can just get an oil change.If there is a problem with the diag in the car it will let you know.So I wouldn't worry about that.

Welcome to the forum here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In South Africa they now come with 5 years - 100 000 km's free service for R285 000 ( $46 400 / Euro 34 600) for the T5 Geartronic - and the S40 just won the car of the year here too!!

How much are they in your countries ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Maria, I am in the process of purchasing the V50 via the Overseas Delivery Program. The price you are paying seems to be a pretty good deal. Good luck
jerry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts