Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all!
Just drove home a 1995 850 Turbo Sedan(53k mi) from Carmax and I love it. The turbo is real nice, the sunroof is ginormous and the a/c blows arctic! So what do I need to do to acclamate myself to the swedish lifestyle? Are there any swedish gremlins i need to be on the lookout for? Does the turbo need any special maintenance, or the car in general? What's the standard life of a volvo turbo? Can I slap in an ECU upgrade for some extra ponnies? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Just so that you know and learn more of your ride, is your system on OBD I or OBD II?

To begin with, maybe you'd want to invest some time reading through the postings in the forum to get yourself acquainted to some of the issues regarding your ride.

And i for one have not given the car any special maintenance, aside from the normal washing once every couple of weeks. (It's rather hot now, and dust sticks)

Do you mean the Turbo unit or the Volvo Turbo as the car? If properly maintained, the Turbo unit may last longer than 200K kms. Mine has clocked past 250K kms and the Turbo unit is still the original one. (I suspect the previous owner has serviced it, though)

If you want extra horses in your stable, you may want to visit some of the websites on the Net for it.

Enjoy your ride!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts