Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok gang im still at a lost my 91 940 turbo is still smoking and running verry rich.i have taken off the turbo its an mitts.turbo so i took it apart and cleaned it out,no oil in it but a lot of carbon build up.put it all back together what a pain in the **** to do.put new plugs in and cleaned out the throtel body.still running like crap,has no power and still smoking at idel turbo seems to be working fine.i went to start the car today and now it want even idel whit out putting the foot on the peadel.now i thought i was an ok shade tree man i have a 86 240 gl wagon that was verry easy to work on but im a lost on this one, i cant even find a repair manuel on this car to go by.can sombody help and tell whats i need to do to fix my car so i can love driving her agian.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I forget what we already went over on your car.
Could be massflow sensor,Coolant temp sensor,Or a hole in one of the induction hoses.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok this is what ive done sofar to her new plugs bosh plat. new cap,rotor cleaned out turbo new fuel filter red line fuel injector cleaner.that help it will idel fine now but once u get on the road it runse realy crappy like it just cant get enof of somthing.i had a small split in the hose going from the turbo to the inner cooler that has the valve in it but fixed that with black duct tape.i thought the oil was comming from the turbo but now i think its comming from some were elels.i can pull off the hose going from the intake to the turbo hose going from the turbo to the inercooler and smoke is coming out of it.now back to the the car running crappy do u think maybe the cat could be cloged.hey thatnks for your help.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Feel the exhaust with the car running and see if it feels liek there is alot coming out.
Does it run crappy while driving has no power or a crappy idle after driving?

It still could be a coolant temp sensor or mass flow sensor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it runs great at idel and revs great at idel but when u put an load to it like going down the street it runs verry bad ??????????? and only smoks at idel ???????

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Your tape job may not be working 100% either.Those hoses are under quite a bit of pressure while in boost.It might still be leaking.It would be best to replace with a known good one.Even if it is used.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok ive tried to find one in a junk yard,but all i can find is ones for a garet turbo.and i still dont know were the oil smoke is coming from.i can do just about enything to the 240 to fix it but 940 even though it has the same 2.3 motor is a pain in the butt.im going to try to take some ruber epoxy and fix the hose.thanks for all of your help tec.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts