Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone. I am new here and I joined so that I could learn how to fix and maintain my 850 T. One of the things I want to do is make my car like this one: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=512_overloaded850. I am a total noob at this stuff (Hey im only 16!! I'm tryin to get a head start at upgrading and maintaing my volvo). If you could help me, preferably how to make my car like the one in the vid, I would bow to you and call you Jesus! Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
That is one sick car!!!!

It will take about $30.000 to get it like that.

It takes alot of money to make it like that.

I saw one that had power kind of like that it is owned by a miami dolphin.

He had $20,000 into just the engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh well. I thought it was worth asking. What upgrades do you think i should get, since I dont know what is in that sick one.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Now keep me in the loop please.

Just how would my S80 2.0T stack up against this machine? Now, be honest

Stop laughing too

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(Auckland @ Aug 5 2005, 03:35 AM)

Stop laughing too

[snapback]12856[/snapback]​

Yours would be like compairing a 3 cylinder to a V8.

That thing spins the tires after going about 25 MPH and hitting the gas hard.Then it keeps spinning no problem.
Try that with your car and see what happens.

I hate to say it but that thing will eat my car and spit it out for breakfast.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(FlamingGooch @ Aug 4 2005, 06:59 PM)Oh well. I thought it was worth asking. What upgrades do you think i should get, since I dont know what is in that sick one.
[snapback]12843[/snapback]​

To start off I would do the IPD computer upgrade and an exhaust.
Then maybe mods to the turbo.
The work on the suspension.

That other car I would almost bet it is bored like .30 to .40 over stock.Then has ported and polished head,Worked valves and workings.

I will also bet the turbo Is a huge one pushing around 25Psi boost.

There is an aircraft place in Georga that works on the Volvo engine and makes pretty good power out of them.I wish I knew the name but I don't.

Check in the general section I made a post with links to sites.Check it out for the parts and other ideas.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(FlamingGooch @ Aug 4 2005, 08:05 AM)Hey everyone. I am new here and I joined so that I could learn how to fix and maintain my 850 T. One of the things I want to do is make my car like this one: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=512_overloaded850. I am a total noob at this stuff (Hey im only 16!! I'm tryin to get a head start at upgrading and maintaing my volvo). If you could help me, preferably how to make my car like the one in the vid, I would bow to you and call you Jesus! Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
[snapback]12767[/snapback]​

Err, sorry Tech!

But I kinda find the wheelspin a COOL
feature of the car.

But of course, you're right:-
1) It'll cost $$$ to always have to keep changin tyres every 3 months or so... (Psst, get imported branded second-hand ones - they are cheap, have at least 80% thread left and great with grips = Pirelli PZeros are also available. Sold specifically for this 'sick' purpose!
)
2) It'll cost a lot more $$$ to make sure the engine is up to mark.

We have a member here who drives an 854R and is able to do just EXACTLY the SAME thing - a WHEELSPIN at the THIRD or FOURTH gear, while in MOTION!

But of course, we don't call him Jesus.
We call him Guy with $$$.

Anyway, why do you need to do such thing anyway?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(Auckland @ Aug 5 2005, 05:35 PM)

Stop laughing too

[snapback]12856[/snapback]​

Come, come now Auckland...

You DON'T need that kind of POWER. It's only for SHOW-OFFs...

And I am not laughing either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't really need to such a thing, but I mean come on!! That kind of power is just unholy! But since it's gonna cost so much, I'm prolly not even gonna get close. I will most likely end up just getting a few upgrades, like the ones you mentioned before, ampangbear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I got some questions. First, does anyone make an aftermarket turbo manifold? Does anyone make an exhaust, or should I go the custom route? Also, about that compter upgrade, is it just an ECU reflash, or is it something else? Where can I get that computer upgrade? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I followed each and every link on that links to sites page, but I didn't see any new turbo manifolds. Maybe I didn't look hard enough?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You might have to call a couple of the company's and ask.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(denkweb @ Aug 8 2005, 03:32 PM)more of this movies...

link
[snapback]13064[/snapback]​

Many
for the movies, denkweb!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts