Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked with my Volvo dealer about the high performance audio line for Volvo V50.
He didn't know whether a MP3 player is optional for the Volvo V50.

Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,
Billy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah a MD player is a strange choice. Why did Volvo put an old technology in a new car? It's like putting a VHS system in the Volvo V70 instead of a DVD player.

Or a DAT-player instead of a cd player....etc etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just visited a Volvo dealer in Portland, ME - asked if the 2006 would be Ipod friendly - told me a $199.00 "device" to intergrate Ipod, Mini, Shuffle will be available this fall.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
QUOTE(tmarkr @ Jun 15 2005, 05:22 AM)so no mp3... has anyone tried to add an aux input so to connect an external mp3 player to the V50's stereo?
[snapback]9662[/snapback]​

I have spoken of this in a thread a few weeks back

the normal no fuss interface is a FM [radio signal] device plugged in to the top of IPod but it can give interference - unfortunately most car stereos dont have an aux in as for all home stereos so the FM interface is used

in my case I have external amps [4 of them] to power various speakers, sub woofers so I simply added an RCA changeover switch [$30] to take signal from head unit or IPod

its a nice system as you can start a selection driving to supermarket and instantly plug IPod to earphones for your trip down them supermarket aisles

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Firstly, my new (2007) Uk Volvo V50 SE came with an aux input behind the floating console that enabled me to connect the headphone out from my Ipod to the car stereo.

Secondly, the 6stack CD player supports MP3.

Regards
Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Firstly, my new (2007) Uk Volvo V50 SE came with an aux input behind the floating console that enabled me to connect the headphone out from my Ipod to the car stereo.

Secondly, the 6stack CD player now supports MP3.

Regards
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts