Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently purchased a 2000 C70 conv. I have never owned a Volvo before but I have always admired these cars. So far my experience has been a good one except for a few small glitches. I am having problems with my passenger seat. In my case the seat bottom will move in all directions but the backrest is dead I can hear clicks as if the switch is still good but no movement. Is this one of those disconnected wire problems I have read about, or more likely a motor problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you push the button you should hear a sound from the seat motor,that mean the motor is good. Other problem could be the cable is broken or disconnect ,you need new one is about 60$ ,you have to take the seat out,disconect the cables from under the seat,than with the pliers try to take out the clips which is holdig the matirial so you can get to the cable . Is a hard job but if you now how to do it it save you a lot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car still had so time left on the warranty, so I gave the dealer a shot. Turns out it was in fact a bad motor, which was covered.
Just as a heads up to any one facing this problem, if it had only been a disconnected cable as I have seen in other posts I would have to eat the labor cost for the repair. Warranty company says if nothings "BROKEN" we don't pay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with my 99 C70 conv. The seat back lever would not release the seatback forward so the only way to move the seat forward was with the control down by the floor. It turned out to be a broken cable which cost about $30. I replaced it myself by just pulling the skin of the seatback up almost to the headrest. Not too bad of a job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts